When Ofsted inspects setting they use their professional judgement about the extent to which arrangements in a setting are having a positive impact on the safety of children and learners. They will look at how children are protected and feel safe, how settings are able to communicate and know how to complain and understand the process for the doing so. They seek to be assured that Leaders and managers have put in place effective child protection and staff behaviour policies that are well understood by everyone in the setting. They also want to know that staff and other adults working in the setting are clear about procedures where they are concerned about the safety of a child. On this course we also look at the role of the Designated Lead and how the DSL plays an effective role in pursuing concerns and protecting children and learners.
We believe that everyone undertaking a safeguarding course should understand their roles and responsibilities of others within the setting which is why we incorporate 3.5 (Level 1) and 3.6 (Level 2/DSL) into the training course, ensuring that everyone understands the role and responsibilities placed upon them - including those of the DSL.
Remember that when the Inspector comes to your setting there will looking for five main aspects of the settings Safeguarding arrangements and these are:
- the extent to which leaders, governors and managers create a positive culture and ethos where safeguarding is an important part of everyday life in the setting, backed up by the training at EVERY LEVEL.
- the content, application and effectiveness of safeguarding policies and procedures, and safe recruitment and vetting process.
- the quality of safeguarding practice, including evidence that staff are aware of the signs that children may be at risk of harm whether within the setting or in the family or wider community outside the setting.
- the timeliness of response to any safeguarding concerns that are raised
- the quality of work to support multi-agency plans around the child
Location: EYFS Resources Ltd, Suite 2a, Houghton Barn Farmhouse, Altham Lane, Altham, Lancashire, BB5 5US
Time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm (Approximately)